Wednesday 1 September 2010

Manchester - August 2010


Had a fantastic weekend in Manchester catching up with university friends.  It's fair to say that the city has changed enormously since I was last there.  It was undergoing an amazing amount of redevelopment in the three years that I lived there, and it seems that the frenetic pace of change hasn't let up.

The architecture in the city is superb.  An outstanding mixture of old victorian red-brick buildings and new, sympathetically designed glass and steel structures.  A walk out form the city proper to Salford brought me to the new Civil Justice Centre, which took my breath away.  I only had my iPhone with me, so the picture above doesn't do it any justice whatsoever.  It was designed by Denton Corker Marshall, so check out their website for more information and better photos: www.dentoncorkermarshall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment